Many people might think of outdoor fountains as something that is only appropriate for large estates and mansions. That isn’t the case. Outdoor water fountains can be an amazing addition to any outdoor space. You should make sure that you don’t fall into thinking that these common myths are actually reality.
1. Your Yard is Too Small for a Water Feature
People who have a small yard, such as those who are in town homes or row houses might not think that they have room for a fountain. That isn’t the case. No matter how small your yard is, you always have room for an outdoor fountain. Some outdoor water fountains are small so you can fit them in the corner of a small yard or near a patio if you want to leave the majority of the yard open for use. The key to placing an outdoor fountain in a small yard is to plan ahead. Look at the measurements of fountains and mark the area off in the yard so you have an idea of how much space the fountain will take up. From there, you can decide if you are happy with the space requirement, need the fountain to take up less space, or can look at larger fountains.
2. You Don’t Have Room for an Outdoor Fountain
Even if you don’t have a backyard, you can still enjoy having an outdoor fountain. Some outdoor fountains, such as rolling sphere fountains and outdoor wall fountains, can be placed on a patio. If you only have a deck or a concrete space, you can still install a wall fountain. If you are living in a condo, apartment, or another small space, outdoor fountains can liven up the space that you have. This is true even if you don’t have any grassy area for your home. You should make sure that you ask your landlord or building committee if installing a fountain is allowed because some might have rules against it. Of course, you could probably get an outdoor water feature that isn’t hard wired and hard plumbed if you think there will be a problem with you having a permanent fountain.
3. You Can’t Afford a Fountain
If you are thinking about large, ornate, stately fountains, you might think that all outdoor fountains are very expensive. While it is true that some fountains can reach into thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars, there are more affordable options that you can consider. Planning ahead and looking at what is available can help you to determine what type of outdoor fountain is within the price point you can afford. You should be willing to think outside of the box when you are looking for fountains. You might have to think about a smaller fountain or a less ornate fountain. The bonus to getting a less ornate fountain is that you will be able to add your own decor so that you can customize your fountain.
4. Your Outdoor Decor Won’t Work with a FountainYou can make an outdoor fountain work with any outdoor decor. You should remember that the fountain will be the focal point of the space in which it is placed. That means that you can use it to greatly transform the space. It also means that you should make sure to choose a fountain that fits in with what you want for your outdoor space. For example, a Victorian fountain wouldn’t be a good choice for a Tex-Mex themed backyard. When you are planning the space around the fountain, don’t forget to plan for the decor that you will have around the fountain. This might include a bench, flowers, or shrubbery. By planning the space ahead of time, you will be able to ensure that all of your ideas will fit in the space you have for your fountain. That is especially important if you have a limited space for the outdoor fountain.
5. Your Options for Outdoor Fountains are Limited
The types and styles of outdoor fountains aren’t limited at all. In fact, you will probably be surprised at what types of fountains you find when you embark upon your search. Traditional outdoor fountains are still in style and widely available. Personalized fountains, rolling sphere fountains, copper fountains, mascot fountains, and solar fountains are some of the options that you will have when you are checking out fountains for your outdoor living space. Not only do the styles of fountains vary, but the power and water sources of fountains vary. You can choose from hardwired fountains, solar fountains, or battery powered fountains. This variety helps ensure that you are comfortable with the power type. If you don’t want to have to have an electrician come out and wire the fountain using electrical wires, you can choose from the solar powered or the battery operated options. You can also choose how the fountain gets water. You can have it plumbed with pipes to provide a steady flow of water. You can also look for a recirculating pump, which is one that you fill with water periodically. That water is circulated through a filtering system and then moves back into the fountain. The most important thing to remember when you are looking for an outdoor fountain is to find the one that works for your project. Make sure that the overall plan is one that you are comfortable with so that you are happy with your outdoor fountain and can enjoy it for years to come.