Outdoor living is all the rage these days, and it has given birth to the need of landscape remodeling and renovations in several homes. If you want to spice up the appeal of your garden or backyard, a water fountain is the best way to ensure that. Now you can add a whole new dimension to your landscape and ensure that you can enjoy pleasant sunsets and evenings with the soothing sound of your own little waterfall in the yard. And a waterfall isn’t the only type of water decoration in the market. You can go for a birdbath, a small rock pond, or a fountain in its place. They come in different forms and sizes, so you can use both standing and flowing water to create a sensational spectacle right in your backyard. These decorations are cost-effective as well, which only adds to the grandeur and the long-term return on investment, which is why they are popular as landscape decorations. So if you want to add some spark in your garden or backyard, these top 10 water features to install in your backyard by Fountain.com will surely do that job for you.
1. Sink a PondA pond in your backyard can do wonders for your landscape. They require little maintenance and offer great value for money as well. There are plenty of koi ponds that can be installed easily in your backyard and you can even add some fish and additional decoration features to the pond as well. It is one of the best ways to add a little spark in your backyard, since it adds a sense of calm and relaxation as well.
2. Custom CreekTake your backyard to the next level with a custom creek installed in your backyard. It is a great choice for creating a garden border and you can place rocks and stones strategically to guide water into a retaining pool, from where it will be pumped back up again to the creek. It is soothing and definitely a great choice that will definitely enhance the appeal of your backyard.
3. A BirdbathIf you ask anyone about adding a decoration in their backyard, most of them will mention a birdbath. It is the most common water feature found in gardens today and you can even add a small fountain to the bath to offer you an outstanding decoration in your backyard. Why should only birds have all the fun?
4. Water WallInstalling a water wall is both convenient and it is a great way to bring down the temperature in your backyard on a hot sunny day. It can even be used to add a unique touch to your backyard and you can have custom-built walls placed strategically all around your backyard to provide you with a soothing and relaxing environment.
5. Against the WallDo you want to save space in your backyard? Then the best ornament you can add is the against-the-wall water feature. It is a great way to save space. Also, the walls in your garden will have a magnificent and artistic decoration piece as well. It will definitely add a bit of romance into your garden or backyard, and you can have it made in different designs and from various materials.
6. A WaterfallThis is without a doubt the ultimate water decoration piece that you can add into your garden. A waterfall has got its own unique charm and charisma, whilst not many people can boast of having their own waterfall right in their backyard. There are lots of different designs available in the market and they offer exceptional value for money as well. There is nothing better that can add a bit of style and complete the look of your landscape than a waterfall. The soothing sound of the water falling gently is definitely a pleasure in itself.
7. Make it RainFancy a bit of artificial rain in your garden? Try adding this water screen, which is made by running water over a top beam. It definitely adds style and class in your backyard, which would look something out of a Hollywood movie. There are different materials that can be used to create a water screen and it will definitely look a picture.
8. Formal FocusIf you are a bit of a romantic and want to add some drama and sense of theatre in your backyard, you can install an urn-shaped fountain. It demands attention and will become the formal focus point of your backyard, which will definitely send a clear statement to everyone. It is one of the hottest decorations out right now and will definitely alleviate your garden to the next level.
9. A Pond in A PotYou don’t need to install a flashy water ornament in your backyard in order to complete the landscape. A simple pond in a pot can do that job for you easily. You can add different plants and water to it to create an interesting pond, which will definitely present a pretty picture in your landscape.
10.The Outdoor ShowerIf you want to install the ultimate water decoration in your backyard, an outdoor shower may just be right for you. It offers you a delightful summertime shower in your very own backyard and it would be great fun for the kids as well. Who wouldn’t want to bathe in the glory of nature and you can now enjoy that in your backyard.
Sources:http://home.howstuffworks.com/gardening/small-gardens/5-ideas-for-small-water-features.htm#page=0 https://www.bobvila.com/slideshow/10-water-features-to-make-any-backyard-landscape-complete-44512#.VVXsgI6qqko http://outdoorlivingplanet.com/articles/water-features/11/id/450 http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/lawn-garden/how-to/a8828/6-tips-for-building-a-backyard-oasis-15363691/